Social Media Marketing and New Media


https://thedigitalrestaurant.com/restaurant-social-media-marketing/


On Sunday, I went out for brunch with a friend and found myself taking pictures of everything around me: the food, the aesthetically pleasing indoor decor, the beautiful trees and glimmering sunshine that brightened our outdoor patio brunch.

Immediately, I checked out other photos from users on Instagram that had done the same as I. In a way, I still feel like an outsider whenever I snap a picture of a well-prepared dish. However, seeing many other people doing the same gives me some reassurance that this is what part of being on social media is about.

Social media is an incredibly powerful tool not only for self expression, but also promotion. It should not be surprising that everything and everyone has at least one social media account nowadays. When it comes to businesses, restaurants, events and venues, the more you post, the better.

New media heavily influences our everyday life decisions. I mean, when was the last time you actually decided to find what types of Chinese restaurants were in your hometown or what were the best outdoor events in the nearest urban city without using new media?

While word of mouth is always reliable, it is not uncommon to rely heavily on Facebook, Yelp or Google reviews because the more testimonials we hear about a place, the more or less we will feel inclined to give it a try.

As for business owners and operators, content is key. Showing your audience not only interactive ways, but more so positive experiences from the venue or location draws people in. Presentation and professionalism is key because if we do not get either, we then are left moving onto the next big recommendation.

When it was decided my friend and I were eating in brunch in Wheaton, you already know that I mapped out some brunch places in Downtown Wheaton, on top of seeing pictures of the place and items on the menu.

One of my favorite articles that provided me more insight on how and why social media marketing has influenced our perception of food is linked below:
https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/how-the-internet-and-social-media-are-changing-the-way-we-eat

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post!! I am completely the same way when I am with my friends and we go into a new city. It's seems silly when you think about that we focus so much on the aesthetic of a restaurant. I always like a restaurant that has really cute decor especially for the pictures. A restaurant near my town did a really nice wall, so now everyone that goes takes a picture in front of the wall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment